The Hampton Court Flower Show is a spectacular event in the horticultural calendar, it really needs no introduction at all but for those who’ve yet to attend I’d thoroughly recommend it even if you’re interest in plants and gardening is minimal, as the regulars will know, there’s something there for everyone and it may just be the inspiration you need to make a start.
Well it goes without saying that Kasakosa will be there (oh yes!) but rather than include 10 reasons to come and visit us, I’ll share with you just one. Probably the most important reason nonetheless ;)
1. Come and see Kasakosa and our fabulous parasols, we’ve put a lot of time and effort into redesigning our stand and making it look beautiful so please come and enjoy the fruits of our labour.
Our Indian Summer Garden Parasols received so much love and adoration at the Hampton Court Flower Show last year that we’re very excited to be showing off our recent arrivals and as ever, we look forward to introducing them to a whole new gathering of people. So, if you’re attending the show, please come down and introduce yourself, we’re very much looking forward to seeing you. You’ll be able to find us, all week, at our pitch HC/602
In no particular order, here are (as promised) the rest of the aforementioned reasons to visit the thoroughly enjoyable RHS Hampton Court Flower show.
2. Funnily enough, as the name would suggest it’s run by the RHS – a household name throughout the UK, especially in the world of horticulture, you know that you’re going to a quality flower show when they’re involved. 2015 was the 25th year of Hampton Court Flower show and it just gets better with each passing year. RHS events go from strength to strength as they continue to enrich our lives with plants, they always put on an inspirational show.
3. There are a fantastic amount of high quality traders exhibiting at Hampton Court Flower Show, the pitches consist mainly of exemplary individual and boutique traders from throughout the UK. There are also a few bigger names involved but the honours, as I’m sure you’d agree have to go to the small businesses which pull together to make this RHS flower show so diverse and rich.
4. The splendour of the gardens, the main showcase of the event. With such effort and hard work going into all the gardens on display it really is a wonderful presentation of talent, one that’ll get you thinking and hopefully inspire you to work on your own garden project. What do you think? Here are a couple of last years standout entries.
5. A flower lovers dream – visit the amazing collection of flora around the site and in particular, in the Floral Marquee. See the stunning collections of flowers and ornamental plants that have been lovingly curated especially for your pleasure, the selection really is world class.
6. The music – with multiple bandstands to enjoy throughout the show grounds there is never a shortage of music on offer. Sit, spectate and be merry or get up and show us your moves! Of course there’ll be a brass band. They always know how to capture the mood of the event and encapsulate the spirit of the crowd with yet another belter. Let’s hope they have no reason to start playing their wet weather repertoire.
7. Hampton Court Palace – a beautiful feat of architectural planning with stunning grounds to boot, kudos to the team responsible for the upkeep, it really is well worth a look around if you fancy a break from the flower show. The grounds of Hampton Court Palace are green and luscious and they benefit from the presence of the water. Relax on the banks of the Thames or enjoy one of the water bodies inside the flower show gates, choice is up to you. We’ll be looking out for more INSPIRING installation art this year.
8. Enjoy some delectable food. What’s a day out without allowing yourself the pleasure of tucking into some of the delicacies on offer. There will be lots of options available, that’s great news if, like us, you’re going for more than 1 day ;) right!?
9. Serendipity – Being the World’s largest, you never know who you might bump into at this wonderful flower show, friends from afar, long lost connections, family from down the road, plus there’s always a chance that you’ll meet Monty Don. He’ll without a doubt be there, keeping the nation up to date with the developments of the show.
10. The preview evening – come and join in on some of the pomp and celebration, beat the crowds and enjoy some bubbly while you watch the fireworks display… what better way to enjoy a Mid-Summer’s Monday!?
With every outdoor occasion such as the Hampton Court Flower Show you have to spare a thought for the weather as it can often make or break the event, especially if you’re underprepared… the Great British summer is at it’s peak in July, but that is by no means a guarantee that it’ll be nice. Hopefully it’ll live up to the enormous expectations we always put it under… it did last year, who’s to say that it can’t happen again!?
A word to the wise…my wishful thinking is far from a guarantee of sunshine (if only it were)… don’t forget to check with your favourite forecaster before you leave home!
Please do let us know in the comment section below what you’re excited to see, do you have any top reasons we may have missed? Or if you’d care to share any photographs? We’d love to hear about your experiences and what makes the Hampton Court Flower Show great for you!